Interested in Selling Your Home?
If you are interested in selling your home or would like information on selling your home please call or simply click here to fill out this form for a free home evaluation.
The 9 Steps To Selling Your House
1. Determine When is the best time for you to Sell.
In real estate, timing can predict a lot as well as influence the selling price. We can make timing work for you.
- Status report. Is it a buyer’s or a seller’s market?
- What is the timeline for you to sell your home?
- Should you wait till summer?
- Are you also looking to purchase a house to move to?
- Buy first or sell first? The ultimate question.
- What if you find your new dream home before you’ve even started to sell your old one.
2. Sign a Listing Agreement.
The “Listing Agreement” authorizes us and our brokerage to market and sell your home. This agreement serves three purposes.
- It defines our relationship. Everything will be defined in this agreement from time limits to authorization limits.
- Will provide important information about the house to make it more marketable and allow it to go on MLS for millions of potential home buyers to see.
- It forms the basis for drafting offers on your home. Any formal offer on your home starts with the Listing Agreement.
3. Determine the right Asking Price for your home.
There are many potential buyers on the market for a home just like yours. The price that you ask for will determine which of those buyers will actually come knocking and which will pass this opportunity by.
4. Add a Lawyer to Your Team.
If you have previously dealt with a Real Estate Lawyer and enjoyed that experience then this step is done. If you need some suggestions we can definitely show you in the right directions.
5. Get your home prepared for the selling process.
Its cleaning time! Simple cleaning and touch-ups will make your home that much more attractive to potential buyers coming in to take a look. Here are the most effective things to do to get you and your house ready.
- Time to look at your home through the eyes of a buyer.
- Make sure everything is cleaned.
- Repair anything that is obviously broken.
- Remove some of that personal touch from your home.
- Painting goes a lot further than one thinks.
- Ask us which improvements will bring you the highest return for your dollar.
- Ask the question, will a buyer like this?
- Remove clutter.
- Fix your problem areas of the house even if they are hidden.
6. Let Us Market Your Home.
There are lots of new and innovative ways to market your house but sometimes the traditional approaches are the ones that actually do the job.
- For sale signs are one of the best marketing techniques
- Advertisements in local newspapers and home buyer magazines
- MLS – The Multiple Listing Service reaches millions of potential home buyers with the power of the internet
- Lock box
- Open houses
7. Prepare your finances.
Before your home is sold you should look into your financial situation and what type of arrangements need to be made to accommodate this process. Here are some things to consider:
- Discharging your current mortgage.
- Acquiring a new mortgage.
- Mortgage portability.
- Bridge Financing
- Mortgage assumption.
- Capital Gains Tax.
- GST for professional services.
8. Receive an offer.
Here is where you will see how much you’re hard work you’ve put in is worth to buyers. You will get to see every offer that we receive.
- We will walk you through the entire process of looking it over and helping you choose one of three options.
- Accepting, rejecting or countering the offer.
- Emotions can become a big factor in this step so it’s important that everyone understands everything that is happening
- Negotiations are where our skills come into play.
- Changing conditions or clauses such as financing or closing dates.
9. Close the deal.
There are still a few more things to take care of but our team and the lawyer will go through everything with you. Other than that, you can start getting ready to move!
Contact Us Today
- George Vadakethu
- 647.280.1921 | email@example.com
- Thomas Pothen
- 416.356.7084 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Vadakethu
- 416.409.3516 | email@example.com
Currently in the Market!
- 16 Signet Crt, Brampton, Ontario L7A 2V1
- Stunning And Spacious 4-Bdrm ,3160 Sqft Home...